Southwest Grilled Bison Ribeye Salad
Serve up flavor with our Southwest Grilled Bison Ribeye Salad. With perfectly seasoned bison ribeye, fresh vegetables and delicious homemade dressing, you’ll be saying “yee-haw!”
Prep Time 25 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
For Bison Ribeye:
- 20 oz (2 packages) Bison Ribeye Steaks - pat dry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Canola oil - for grill
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large vine tomato - chopped (1 cup amount)
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 avocado - pitted, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
Season bison all over with cumin, chili powder, and salt. Oil grill. Grill bison for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium. About 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, lime juice, tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, water, and salt.
In a large bowl, combine tomato, beans, olives, tortilla chips, avocado, and lettuce. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Divide salad among bowls or plates. Or, if you prefer, add dressing after serving.
Slice the ribeye across the grain. Top salad with ribeye and serve immediately.