Grilled Asian Marinated Bison Sirloin Kebabs
You don’t need to catch a plane to get a taste of Asian cuisine; with our kebabs, every bite is sure to be packed with flavor. We suggest serving with jasmine rice, stir-fried green beans and peppers to fill your craving - and your belly!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 24 oz (2 packages) Bison Sirloin Steaks - cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 bamboo skewers - 10-inch
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free substitute)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger - grated
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil - plus more for grill
- 4 inch scallions - cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice - for serving
Place bamboo skewers in a shallow dish filled with water. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and canola oil. Add bison and toss to coat. Let marinate at room temperature, tossing a few times to coat, about 30 minutes.
Thread the bison and scallions onto the bamboo skewers alternating between bison and scallions. Discard marinade.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Oil grill and grill meat on all sides until grill marks form and meat has an internal temperature of 140F, about 10 minutes. Grill meat on all sides, about 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with jasmine rice.
Gluten-free, with substitute.