Bacon Cheddar Burgers by Lisa Barksdale
As our winner of the first ever Great Range Bison recipe contest, we just love this delicious burger recipe! Our guest judge, Felicia from The Starving Chef loves it too and had this to say about it:
This is now one of MY favorite burger recipes! There’s no frills needed for this classic burger – the charred onions and the addition of Dijon mustard and light mayonnaise go perfectly with the savory flavor of bison.
- 1 lb (1 package) ground bison meat
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 pub style hamburger buns - or brioche rolls
- 1 medium red onion - sliced
- 4 slices thick cut bacon - cooked and cut in half
- 4-5 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 4-5 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh baby greens
- 1-2 roma tomatoes - sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil - for cooking
Lightly mix the ground bison, salt and pepper and form into four equal burger patties. Preheat the grill to 400 F. Toast buns on grill about 2 mins and set aside.
Brush grill with olive oil and char onions for about 6-8 mins and remove from grill.
Place burgers on grill and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side then top with the cheese to melt it.
Spread mustard and mayo on the bun, add the burger patty then top each burger with bacon slices, onion, tomato slices, and baby greens.
What Lisa has to say about her recipe:
This is one of my favorite burger recipes of all time and I am a very picky eater.