Grilled Bison Strip Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri sauce is a Central and South American recipe used for marinating, or served with, meat. There are a few variations of the sauce, but we think you’ll find that our recipe is the best for our bison. This recipe is quick, easy and tasty – and sure to please all the hungry mouths around the dinner table.
- 2 10-oz Bison Strip Steaks - pat dry
- 3 cloves garlic - smashed
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1-1/2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes - if desired
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Canola oil - for grill
Pulse the garlic, red onion, oregano, parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, and sugar in a food processor until roughly chopped. Add the olive oil, vinegar, and pulse until combined but still chopped. Transfer to a serving dish and stir in pepper flakes if desired.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season strip steaks with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ pepper.
Lightly oil grill. Grill strip steaks for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium. About 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes. Slice each steak across the grain and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve immediately.
Gluten-free. Kid-friendly. Quick & Easy.